Landscaping Somis Styles
Everyone has different likes and dislikes. We all have unique taste. That’s why there are a handful of different ideas to pick from. No to houses are the same. Although they may be similar. And have nearly the same layout they all vary greatly. So what are some of these styles you might ask? Well below is a brief list of popular styles people choose from-
- Tuscan (Italian) garden style- While not as common as other landscaping designs a Tuscan garden theme is one technique used by landscapers. Theses lawns usually include fountains and – or statues. Tuscan Gardens tend to flow very similarly to a Mediterranean themed design.
- Japanese garden style- This style land scape seems to go best with more modern themed houses. Japanese styled landscapes tend be simplistic and peaceful. They usually create a feeling of Zen or meditation. A great choice for home owners looking to simplify their busy life.
- Southwest Landscape design- This design is perfect for people who don’t want to take care of a lot of plants. Southwest Landscape styles tend to be preferred in drier parts of the world. Due to the water shortage in southern California. This style is also referred to as a hardscape. Due to the lack of vegetation and use of rocks and stones.
- Mediterranean garden style- The most popular style landscape around the world. This style uses many different type of plants and trees. Two of the most common plants used in this design are palm trees and birds of paradise. We usually recommend this to our clients that want a highly vegetated environment around their house. The majority of homes with new landscape have Mediterranean garden styles.
- Cottage garden- Modern Cottage gardens have beds of flowers in them. In the past they use to be vegetable and herb gardens. They have now modernized into flower gardens instead.
- Tropical Landscape design- As the name implies this style looks like a tropical island. Plants with larger leaves are placed in dense arrangements. The flowers and plants usually have a brighter appearance. This style would not work well in more arid places with water restrictions.
- Formal Gardens- formal gardens like they sound can come off as plain Jane. They are well organized. They follow a pattern and are usually very symmetrical. Designs like this one tend to fit in best in higher income neighborhoods.
There are many other styles and variations of landscaping. However, that list covers most of what anyone could want. Custom designs are also always welcomed and available at our store.
Something has to be in place to support most landscaping jobs. These materials and structures are known as hardscapes. Hardscapes are anything used to support the landscape and give it a solid structure. Things such as stone, brick, concrete. Large pathways are also usually referred to as part of the hardscape. It is crucial to have these in place so that your design can stay intact and last for many years. Hardscaping does add to the cost of the overall landscaping job. However, it is one of the most important steps to doing the job right.