Landscaping Santa Paula
- Tropical Landscape design- As the name implies this style looks like a tropical island. Plants with larger leaves are placed in dense arrangements. The flowers and plants usually have a brighter appearance. This style would not work well in more arid places with water restrictions.
- Formal Gardens- formal gardens like they sound can come off as plain jane. They are well organized. They follow a pattern and are usually very symmetrical. Designs like this one tend to fit in best in higher income neighborhoods.
There are many other styles and variations of landscaping. However, that list covers most of what anyone could want. Custom designs are also always welcomed and available at Santa Paula Landscaping.
Picking the right landscaping
There are many things to consider when picking what type of landscape you want to have. Curb appeal is one of the top reasons why people get their homes landscaped. Curb appeal is like a first impression; you want it to be good. So you need to know what goes well with your house, personal style, and location. Santa Paula landscaping has a lot of variety to choose from.
- Take into account the weather conditions for where you live. You don’t want to plant vegetation that needs a large water supply if you live in the desert. In the same way you don’t want to plant desert plants in a place that receives a lot of rain. Using plants and vegetation that are found locally in Santa Paula is always a great choice. *Especially in towns and cities that are having a water crisis. Always be sure to evaluate your supply of local natural resources before starting a project.
- Consider the theme already establish through the design of your house. If you have an Aztec styled house, you wouldn’t want a Japanese garden style landscape. Use houses around you to get an idea of what you might like or have in common. Don’t be afraid to use the internet to get more ideas.
- Thirdly, design a landscape plan that fits your lifestyle. All landscapes require some maintenance work to a degree. However, the amount of work can vary greatly. So if you don’t have to time or motivation to take care of a ton of plants you might want to look into a more self-maintaining yard. You might also want a more independent landscaping design if you travel a lot.
Something has to be in place to support most landscaping jobs. These materials and structures are known as hardscapes. Hardscapes are anything used to support the landscape and give it a solid structure. Things such as stone, brick, concrete. Large pathways are also usually referred to as part of the hardscape. It is crucial to have these in place so that your design can stay intact and last for many years. Hardscaping does add to the cost of the overall Santa Paula landscaping job. However, it is one of the most important steps to doing the job right.
Make your front yard look great while helping the environment! With modern technology you can now have a great looking yard that is actually environmentally friendly.
- Designing your landscaping plan around synthetic turf grass will save you a ton of money! Artificial grass looks just as good as real grass. And with the improvements that have recently been made you can barely tell the difference. Turf last about 20 years. During those 20 years turf will save you thousands of dollars from your water bill. Turf is a great option because it will help us get out of the drought.
- Wood is also becoming more endangered than it ever has been. Designing a landscape that uses less endangered wood resources will help the environment out. As well as using rot resistant wood so it last longer. Rot resistant wood won’t need to be replaced as often, saving you money in the long run.
Design your landscape with plants and trees that don’t need a lot of water to survive. Possibly use rocks and gravel to fill in space rather than grass and plants.