Picking the right landscaping
There are many things to consider when picking what type of landscape you want to have. Curb appeal is one of the top reasons why people get their homes landscaped in Santa Barbara. Curb appeal is like a first impression; you want it to be good. So you need to know what goes well with your house, personal style, and location. We have a lot of variety to choose from.
- Take into account the weather conditions for where you live. You don’t want to plant vegetation that needs a large water supply if you live in the desert. In the same way you don’t want to plant desert plants in a place that receives a lot of rain. Using plants and vegetation that are found locally in Santa Barbara is always a great choice. *Especially in towns and cities that are having a water crisis. Always be sure to evaluate your supply of local natural resources before starting a project.
- Consider the theme already establish through the design of your house. If you have an Aztec styled house, you wouldn’t want a Japanese garden style landscape. Use houses around you to get an idea of what you might like or have in common. Don’t be afraid to use the internet to get more ideas.
- Thirdly, design a landscape plan that fits your lifestyle. All landscapes require some maintenance work to a degree. However, the amount of work can vary greatly. So if you don’t have to time or motivation to take care of a ton of plants you might want to look into a more self-maintaining yard. You might also want a more independent landscaping design if you travel a lot.
That is a small list of three important things to consider when designing your new landscape. Make sure to take anything else you can think of into account beforehand.
Landscape and Hardscape
Something has to be in place to support most landscaping jobs. These materials and structures are known as hardscapes. Hardscapes are anything used to support the landscape and give it a solid structure. Things such as stone, brick, concrete. Large pathways are also usually referred to as part of the hardscape. It is crucial to have these in place so that your design can stay intact and last for many years. Hardscaping does add to the cost of the overall Santa Barbara landscaping job. However, it is one of the most important steps to doing the job right.
Make your front yard look great while helping the environment! With modern technology you can now have a great looking yard that is actually environmentally friendly.
- Designing your landscaping plan around synthetic turf grass will save you a ton of money! Artificial grass looks just as good as real grass. And with the improvements that have recently been made you can barely tell the difference. Turf last about 20 years. During those 20 years turf will save you thousands of dollars from your water bill.
- Wood is also becoming more endangered than it ever has been. Designing a landscape that uses less endangered wood resources will help the environment out. As well as using rot resistant wood so it last longer. Rot resistant wood won’t need to be replaced as often, saving you money in the long run.
Design your landscaping with plants and trees that don’t need a lot of water to survive. Possibly use rocks and gravel to fill in space rather than grass and plants.